WHAT YOU NEED: sharp knife, whisk, immersion or regular blender or food processor, measuring spoons
- 1 cup cooked Israeli couscous
- 1/2 cup diced Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 cup freeze-dried sweet corn
- 1 cup chopped arugula
- 2 oz smoked salmon or chicken - diced
- 1/2 cup shredded Asiago cheese (if you can’t find it, use parmesan)
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- 1/4 cup toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 shallot - quartered
- 1/2 cup well shaken buttermilk
- juice of one lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Arrange ingredients in separate rows on a large platter.
2. Put all dressing ingredients into the bowl of a food processor or blender and process until creamy and smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Pour dressing in a small pitcher and serve alongside the salad. At the last minute, pour on the dressing and mix for the crowd.